In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dear Charlie Sheen

.
I’ve been watching your performance in public, Charlie, not as a celebrity gawker, I'm a fan, but I'm your dad’s age. I watch you as I'm one of the survivors of pedophile priest rape and I've been paying attention to the issue nationally. And, Charlie, you show all the signs of being one of us.

I'm just waiting for you to be clean and sober finally for two years in a row and experience the recovered memory that many of us have experienced upon getting sober. We suddenly realize one of the reasons we drank and used so much was to bury the memory of one of those priests like the Jesuits your dad hangs out with taking us around behind the altar one day and banging us. It usually takes a period of sobriety first before remembering something like that... I honestly think you, Charlie Sheen, and Madonna, are likely survivors who have just never recovered the memory.

So I think you would get this story, Charlie Sheen, and want to help produce it as a video series, because you were raised in what was probably a pretty oppressive Catholic family. Then like so many priest rape survivors, you grew up to be a sex addict with other bizarre behavior symptoms. Charlie, I think you would understand the need to get the story told about pedophile priests in the United States, by someone outside the Church or mainstream media.

*********
Wow talk about dual identity. Just posted this at both sites, here and at City of Angels 2 and I'm not even back from hiatus yet, so that actually makes triple split identity this morning...

No comments: