In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Comment at Sacramento Bee this morning.

We have found six thousand (6000!) Catholic priests who raped children since 1950 in the U.S. Do you really think their superiors didn't know what was going on? The problem of the Church isn't better P.R. like letting the world know about their new programas. What we need is to turn the Catholic Church upside down, and shake all the criminal opportunities out of it. Get rid of sacristies, confessionals, men in skirts, secret caverns, secret files, and let priests behave like other humans not like celibate saints. There are SO MANY problems in the church that resulted in a pedophile epidemic, and I WISH reporters would start doing more than calling spokesmen and then repeating their quotes in articles and calling it news.

(Someone called me anti-Catholic and challenged the number six thousand, so I wrote:)

I'm one of the victims, and whatever happens to the Church is not important to me. I care about thousands of unprosecuted sex crimes. Yes the number will go over 6000 this year per the John Jay study. BA database has additional requirements, so now their number is 3300.

I'm concerned that Church PR is going full steam now to point a finger at other religions.

Whatever happens to the Church in the end is not important. Whan an institution can turn six thousand pedophiles loose on the population, not just parishes, the entire United states was at risk.

We need accountability. This has nothing to do with religion.

(The Sac Bee cut it after "full steam now" and I gotta get back to work on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" Season 3 ... by the way, the reason all these women did not know they were pregnant is:

Bad public education

Bad medical care

In one case after another, but that is SUCH a side trip.)

No comments: