In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Started to post this at Tom Doyle's article the 21st at NCR, then realized it totally doesn't address what he wrote so didn't post it. Still somehow what he wrote there evoked me to write this:

Another real problem is news rooms running without enough staff. Journalists used to scoff at other reporters who used press conference announcements and quotes from company spokesmen. That's the corporate viewpoint, not the news.

Even press releases were good for little more than to check spelling and get contact information back when there were newspapers and beats and days even weeks to build a story. Today's reporters almost do nothing more than call and get a statement. They are quoting corporate spokespersons and calling that reporting. Back in the day, reporters got laughed out of the newsroom if they relied on corporate spokesmen for stories. Quoting a spokesman is Public Relation not reporting.

Today PR is almost all we get from news reporters. They don't dig, they don't ask questions, they balk at research, who has time? As a result, we keep reading the same paragraphs over and over, and the entire story of, for example, the lives of a hundred thousand adult victims of pedophile priests, never gets reported.

****

Not posted this morning at Revising History by Fr. Tom Doyle

***

RE SHAKING AND CRYING, continuation of Pope Crocodile Tears post from yesterday.

This morning eyes still puffed. Yesterday when the salt water stopped flowing out of them, I looked like a blowfish.

I keep insisting that the building is shaking. My chair was shaking all day yesterday, I insisted, and Lizzie just said, "no, mom, you're having an episode."

Ii was in the middle of an episode most of the day yesterday, and I still got my job done. But had to turn down more work..
Wish I was on a resort island. Instead back to work today, but at least the topic is Cameron Diaz. The story or stories based on Joe Callander breaking his silence about Mario Pezzotti is brewing and stewing in my brain and that post will come out, with Cameron Diaz and E! Entertainment Special rhythms in my syntax, in a few hours.

Of course, that's Earth time measurement. Me I can't be that precise.
.

No comments: