In 2011 CofA is at CofA11

... Not Just L.A., The City of Angels Is Everywhere...

I was age five when the bishop stood over me and said, "Stop babbling about what the priest did to you." Then, forty years later... I started babbling.
*
Re Missing Link collection below: Email editor Jay Nelson of Albuquerque at jay@sarabite.info CLICK IMAGES to enlarge

Friday, December 17, 2010

Raped the Book takes us to Servants of the Paraclete, as priest takes teenage boy victim to Via Coeli to show him off

.
In Raped: Memories of a Catholic Altar Boy, the co-author, a victim of Fr. Robert John Smith of Albuquerque, describes visits he made with Smith to Servants of the Paraclete, the Jemez Springs rehab center that treated pedophile Catholic clergy. In keeping with tradition at City of Angels Blog, as soon as I find out something new about the pedophile epidemic in the Catholic Church, I post it here. CofA ccelebrates four years of publishing on Jan. 16, 2011.

Quote From the book: The period of time is early 1970s:

Smith, that man of God, once took me up to the Paracletes compound in Jemez Springs. He told me we were visiting one of his friends. I thought it was a retirement home- didn't know that it was a haven for boy-fucking priests. Why would he take a kid there other than to show me off. You talk about leading a lamb to slaughter.

“He went inside to visit his pals and I roamed around the grounds. We were there for a couple of hours…. Why would the people in charge of the place let a kid up there? Will somebody tell me this? What was wrong with those people?"

City of Angels also would like to know why people in the Santa Fe Archdiocese weren't warned about the priests at Servants of the Paraclete, as I'm discovering in my research here. Instead, all the way into the mid-1990s, New Mexico residents thought the priests at Jemez Springs were your usual nice-guy priests just living in permanent retreat.

You can buy Raped: Memories of a Catholic Altar Boy is available at Amazon for about ten dollars. We are only up to page 46, hope to have more quotes and stories about the book soon, and hope to encourage more victims to start telling their stories in detail by reporting about this book.

[No, I'm not getting a commission on sales of Raped that come through CofA Blog, I should have thought of that, but my total lack of business sense is the reason I need a PayPal button. Me and Julian Assange, too busy working on releasing information to set up a corporation, even a nonprofit, dependent on people's urges to just send us money through PayPal to keep going. More PippiLeaks Paraclete docs will be going up soon.]

More about Raped in CofA post Thursday as it compares to a recent document posted by attorney for priests in Los Angeles

No comments: